ICD 10 Code For Rib Fracture- S22.3 & S22.4 are non billable codes. ICD 10 Code For Rib Fracture- S22.3 & S22.4 describes the diagnosis ‘fracture of one rib’.
- ICD 10 code for rib fracture unspecified
- ICD 10 code for rib fracture right side
- ICD 10 code for rib fracture due to fall
- S22.3 Fracture of one rib
- S22.31 Fracture of one
- S22.39 Fracture of one
- S22.4 Multiple fractures of ribs
- S22.41 Multiple fractures of
- S22.42 Multiple fractures of
- S22.43 Multiple fractures of
- S22.49 Multiple fractures of
|7th Digit||Billable Code||7th Digit Specifies|
|B||S22.49XB||initial encounter for open fracture|
|G||S22.49XG||subsequent encounter for fracture with delayed healing|
|K||S22.49XK||subsequent encounter for fracture with nonunion|
A rib fracture is a break or fracture in one or more of the bones making up the rib cage. Fractures of the first and second ribs may be more likely to be associated with head and facial injuries than other rib fractures.
The middle ribs are the ones most commonly fractured. Fractures usually occur from direct blows or from indirect crushing injuries. A rib fracture has the complication of potentially causing a pulmonary contusion.
Rib fractures are usually quite painful because the ribs have to move to allow for breathing. When several ribs are broken in several places a flail chest results, and the detached bone sections will move separately from the rest of the chest.