ICD 10 For Costochondritis- M94.0 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes. If you are a coder or clinician/physician the codes hereby are mentioned according to the effects on the body part.
ICD 10 code for traumatic costochondritis, ICD 10 code for chest costochondritis are also mentioned in the given below codes.
- M94.20 Chondromalacia, unspecified site
- M94.21 Chondromalacia, shoulder
- M94.22 Chondromalacia, elbow
- M94.23 Chondromalacia, wrist
- M94.24 Chondromalacia, joints of hand
- M94.25 Chondromalacia, hip
- M94.26 Chondromalacia, knee
- M94.27 Chondromalacia, ankle, and joints of foot
- M94.28 Chondromalacia, other site
- M94.29 Chondromalacia, multiple sites
- M94.35 Chondrolysis, hip
- M94.8 Other disorders of cartilage
- M94.8X Other specified disorders of cartilage
- M94.9 of
A benign inflammation of one or more of the costal cartilages. Idiopathic painful nonsuppurative swellings of one or more costal cartilages, especially of the second rib. The anterior chest pain may mimic that of coronary artery disease.
Treatment options are quite limited and usually involve a combination of rest, analgesics, or anti-inflammatory medications. Cases with persistent discomfort may be managed with cortisone injections or surgery may be indicated if the condition is severe. Individuals with costochondritis are typically instructed to avoid strenuous physical activity to prevent the onset of an attack.